23 July 2011

On My Wishlist (5)

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/

The Clearing by Heather Davis

Summary:

In this bittersweet romance, two teens living decades apart form a bond that will change their lives forever.
     Amy is drawn to the misty, mysterious clearing behind her Aunt Mae’s place because it looks like the perfect place to hide from life. A place to block out the pain of her last relationship, to avoid the kids in her new town, to stop dwelling on what her future holds after high school.
Then, she meets a boy lurking in the mist—Henry. Henry is different from any other guy Amy has ever known. And after several meetings in the clearing, she’s starting to fall for him.

This was one of the first books that I read in 2011 and I kind of can't believe I didn't blog about it! It was a fabulous read.  It's the kind of easy-to-read book that makes you smile and want to pick up on a rainy day for a quick read. :-)


Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/



Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Summary:
Just your average boy-meets girl, girl-kills-people story...

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead. So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home. But she, for whatever reason, spares Cas's life.
If you read my review yesterday of this book, then you know that I LOVED it.  It was a seriously fabulous read and I'm contemplating how to convince my husband to let me pre-order a copy (along with Bloodlines and Possess...because I do want free shipping after all!!)


Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/

What's on YOUR wishlist?

9 comments:

Bookish Brunette said...

I've been waiting for Anna Dressed in Blood FOREVER!!! I'm dying!!

WickedWillow said...

OMG These books have been on my wishlist since a long time!
Brilliant picks!
I am just an old follower hopping by!
Check out my OMW
X

Unknown said...

Awesome picks! I want to read these books too :D I'm a new follower now, yay!
This is my Waiting on Wednesday. Feel free to pass by and have a look. Hugs,

Alaiel

pussreboots said...

The Clearing sounds interesting. My total wishlist stands at 864 books, an increase of 8 books since last week. The Last Council (Amulet 4) by Kazu Kibuishi. Please come see what books I'm reading this week from my wishlist.

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

great wishlist picks! I really want Anna Dressed In Blood too!

kaye (paper reader) said...

Okay, so you've got me curious about The Clearing. And...Anna Dressed in Blood - cannot wait!

Anonymous said...

Great picks! I can't wait to get my hands on Anna Dressed in Blood either. I hope you enjoy both of them if you get them. :)

My Wishlist

Raimy-rawr said...

great wishlist picks! I really want Anna Dressed In Blood too!

AgnesPink said...

OMG These books have been on my wishlist since a long time!
Brilliant picks!
I am just an old follower hopping by!
Check out my OMW
X

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison