19 August 2011

Hop & Follow Friday (22)

Happy Friday, lovelies!

I hope you had a wonderful week and are looking forward to an awesome, book-filled weekend! I know I am (even if I do have to work this weekend). :-)

Book Blogger Hop
The Book Blogger Hop is a fun bookish Friday meme hosted by Jennifer over at Crazy for Books! Be sure to jump over to her post, read the rules, and link up your post!

This week's question:
What's the LONGEST book you've ever read?

Well, that's a fairly easy question! When I was a sophomore in high school, I read Les Miserables cover-to-cover for honors language arts because I thought it would make me "cool." :-)  I looked it up on Goodreads and it is listed as 1463 pages (and I can't believe how many of my friends have marked it "To Read." Really guys? It wasn't that great. You read a 50 page detailed description of a Bishop and then he DIES. I was SO MAD. Just watch the musical, lol.)

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads where she poses a thought-provoking question to prompt some blogger discussion!

The Reviews We Don't Write: 
Have you ever read a book and not wanted to review it? Are some books too personal that we want to keep our thoughts our own?
For me, the books that I find I don't want to review are sometimes the ones that simply make me happy to read. If you ask me about it in person, chances are that I'll recommend it and even gush about how much I enjoyed it.  Chances are that I may have read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. For me, contemporary reads tend to be this way.  They are super sweet stories and I honestly enjoy reading every once in awhile because they make my heart smile. I think that it's probably partially because of this soothing feeling that they give me that I don't want to analyze/review them.  They hold a special warm fuzzy place in my heart and I want to keep them there all for myself. Make sense?


"Follow My Book Blog Friday" is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View and Allison at Allison Can Read where bloggers make new friends, including this week's featured bloggers--Belle Bookshttp://bellebooksx.blogspot.com/ & Stuck in Books!  Pop on over to Parajunkee's blog and join in the follow fun!!

This week's question: 

Q. If you could write yourself a part in a book, what book would it be and what role would you play in that book?

As a character in a book, I think I would see myself as the quiet character who surprises everyone at some point.  That's probably the most honest portrayal of my that I could come up with because I'm a little (or, really, a lot) shy and difficult to get to know but fiercely loyal and easy-going once you get to know me. I think you could write me into a post-apocalyptic or dystopian novel as the best friend (sidekick) who rebels alongside the main character and will do anything for him/her. I'm too shy to be the real leader or figurehead but I'll gladly lead behind the scenes and get right in there to fight for what's right (or survival, depending on which scenario we're talking about here).
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I love your comments and try my best to return follows! 
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

10 comments:

rebecca edney said...

I like that. The sidekick that makes the difference.
New Follower
Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

kathy said...

I love the "just watch the musical" lol! That book is nearly twice as long as my longest read. :) And I love reading a book just for enjoyment, without thinking about what I would write in a review. I never want reviewing (or reading) to be a chore.
Have a good weekend!

Amy said...

I too am a bit shy and quiet. So I'm with you on being the sidekick :D
New follower
Amy's Follow Friday
 

Selina said...

Found you through the Book Blogger Hop and I think your blog is great! New follower :)

By the way, I think that watching the musical is great advice ;-)

Lea said...

Happy Friday! I'm an old follower :)

Hahaha I never read Les Miserable but I saw the play in high school-- your book totally beats mine, which was The Brother Karamazov 1,072 pages... also, not sure it was worth it other than to be able to say that I finished it haha :)

You can see my FF post for this week at the link below-- would love if stopped by! Have a great weekend!

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

thelibrarianreads said...

That totally makes sense (TGIF answer).  I'll also agree that it's the contemporary stuff that is the most difficult to review. Sometimes you just 'like' it. I'll shove it into patron hands...but the review is the rough part...all you want to say is "it was good" lol

Howard Sherman said...

Most people would guess I’d write myself in the role of a hero in a fictional adventure of some kind.  But that would be only partially correct. As is my norm, I throw a curve ball in my answer that makes perfect sense one you follow my logic.  Follow me back to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and follow along the logic with me!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

PATRICIA said...

oh my - i can't even imagine carrying around Les Miserables let alone read it! 

Trish - My Friday Memes

reading rendezvous reviewz said...

most bloggers have said the books that most find hard to review are the ones that was such a good read or personal that they can't find words to explain it in a review.   me however....http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogsot.com

Bookchowdown said...

A very honest post!! I think we all like to think we'd be the hero but in reality  I could never carry that much responsibility:p New follower:DD 

My Post

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison