15 September 2011

Hop & Follow Friday! (26)

Happy Friday, lovelies!

I hope you had a wonderful week and are looking forward to an awesome, book-filled weekend!



"Follow My Book Blog Friday" is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View and Allison at Allison Can Read where bloggers make new friends, including this week's featured bloggers--Alaskan Book Cafe & Librarian Mouse!  Pop on over to Parajunkee's blog and join in the follow fun!!

This week's question: 
Q: It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?
 Honestly, maybe I read too many dystopias and post-apolcalyptic novels, but this is a really tough question because so many of those worlds would be so NOT fun to live in! So let's see...what world would I actually want to live in. Okay, so the world that I would like to be a reality is the world of Arribitha in The Book of Wonders--a world full of (repressed) magic and adventure.  Sure, there's danger but not more so than any other world. When I was reading that book, the world just seemed vibrant and magical.  



TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by GReads with a thought-provoking question to prompt some discussion!

Book Disappointments: Have you ever come across a book you were so stoked to read, but it failed miserably in your eyes?
I think I've actually blogged about this before, but my "epic fail" book was Almost Moon by Alice Sebold. After I read (and ADORED) both Lovely Bones and Lucky, I was STOKED that Ms. Sebold was writing another novel.  This was one that I even put in a rare (at that time) pre-order for just based on a vague description and my love of her other novels. To this day I have not been able to finish this book. It sits on my shelf, dust jacket lost in the shuffle of multiple moves, unread and untouched. I think about picking it up again every once in awhile, but I can't bring myself to do it after how HORRIBLE it was the first time I tried.  There is a good chance this book will be on the next pile I donate to the library. 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I love your comments and try my best to return follows! 
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

(PS ~ See that link at the top of the page? The one for my potential 2012 challenge? Would you be so kind as to take a look and leave some feedback? I'd love to get an idea of if this is something that people would be interested in.  Or just answer the poll in the sidebar. Thanks!!)

6 comments:

Nerdgirls said...

Happy Follow Friday! I've not heard of The Book of Wonders so I think I'm going to have to take a peek at it and see what it's all about.

Chelsea Spencer said...

New follower here! I agree, a lot of the books I read have worlds I would NOT want to live in. I think that's part of what makes them interesting.

http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/09/following-friday-4.html

Alison said...

Hopping through. I haven't heard of The Book of Wonders. I'll have to look it up. I agree that most dystopian and supernatural worlds are not something you want to experience for real.

Sharon C said...

Hi & Happy Friday!

I haven't heard of  The Book of Wonders; Dystopian worlds would terrify me but I do find them fascinating.

My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-16th-september.html

Have a great weekend!

Amythereader said...

I agree, dystopian worlds would be way to intense!

here is my FF!

Jess @ Gone with the Words said...

I haven't read this books, but I did see the Lovely Bones movie and thought it was good. I'm going to look up The Book of Wonders though. :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison