16 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (37)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...

Once by Anna Carey
© 3 July 2012 by HarperTeen
Sixteen years have passed since a deadly virus wiped out most of the Earth’s population. After learning of the terrifying part she and her classmates were fated to play in the rebuilding of New America, eighteen-year-old Eve fled to the wilds and Califia, a haven for women determined to live outside the oppressive rule of the king of New America. However, her freedom came at a price: she was forced to leave Caleb, the boy she loves, wounded and alone at the city gates. Eve quickly learns that Califia may not be as safe as it seems and soon finds herself in the City of Sand and the palace of the king. There she uncovers the real reason he was so intent on her capture, and the unbelievable role he intends her to fill. When she is finally reunited with Caleb, they will enact a plan as daring as it is dangerous. But will Eve once again risk everything—her freedom, her life—for love?
I loved Eve and I'm super excited for next year's sequel! I also REALLY like this cover.  Something about the colors is really striking to me.  I can't wait to read this one to find out where Eve's journey will take her next!!


Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!



What are you currently reading?

(Currently listening to...)


What did you recently finish reading?

What do you think you’ll read next? 



What are YOU waiting on this week?

11 comments:

Jess @ Gone with the Words said...

I'm about to read Even in the next few days, so we'll see if I'll want this one :) Great pick though! I love the font of the title!

Jessi said...

I think Eve has been a hit or miss read for a lot of people. Hopefully you enjoy it like I did! The covers of both books are definitely eye-catching. :)

Jennifer | Book Den said...

Oh, good to hear there is a release date for Once. I've been hearing a lot about the cliffhanger at the end of Eve, so I've been considering waiting for book 2 before reading it!

Kristan said...

I had no idea they released a cover and summary for Once yet! Thanks so much for posting this. I loved Eve too, and am dying to know where this story is going for Eve and Caleb. That cliffhanger at the end was killer! July is too far away!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

Arlee Bird said...

that cover for Once is definitely very nice.  The story sounds pretty good too.

Lee

Best selling author
Lani Diane Rich visits

Tossing It Out

Wednesday November
16th.

Valentina said...

The Night Circus is on my TBR list, for sure. It looks amazing.

Here's mine:http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/11/www-wednesdays_16.html

Megan Swicegood said...

I haven't read Eve yet, but I really want to. I'm sure I'll have Once on my list as soon as I finish Eve :)

Chrissie @ Once Upon a Series said...

I haven't read Eve yet but it sounds amazing, so I'm hoping to get around to it soon :)

tristan210 said...

Hey Jessi, I haven't read Eve yet but I hope to soon. Love the cover  
;)  
Tristan @ Reads With Wreckless Abandon

Giselle (Xpresso) said...

Oh a cover for this one already! Pretty! I haven't read Eve yet but I will!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Samual said...

I've seen this book twice today. It looks very stunning. I like the sound of the book, which is interesting. Great pick! Thank you for sharing!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison