15 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (50)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
© 24 April 2012 by Harlequin Teen
You will kill. The only question is when.

In the dark days since the insidious Red Lung virus decimated the human population, vampires have risen to rule the crumbling cities and suburbs. Uncontested Princes hold sway over diminished ranks of humans: their "pets." In exchange for their labor, loyalty and of course, their blood, these pets are registered, given food and shelter, permitted to survive.

Unregistered humans cling to fringes, scavenging for survival. Allison Sekemoto and her fellow Unregistereds are hunted, not only by vampires, but by rabids, the unholy result of Red Lung-infected vampires feeding on unwary humans. One night, Allie is attacked by a pack of rabids, saved by an unlikely hero...and turned vampire.

Uncomfortable in her undead skin, Allie falls in with a ragtag crew of humans seeking a cure, or cures: for Rabidism and for Vampirism. She's passing for human...for now. But the hunger is growing and will not be denied. Not for friendship—not even for love
I haven't been into vampire novels as of late (actually, I've been reading a lot of contemporary stuff but that's a whole different story).  Anyway, Julie Kagawa made me love faeries so the true test of this book will be to see if she can rekindle by adoration of vampire novels (because I did at one time love them...I read ~30 between November 2008 and March 2009). Her writing was so superb with the Iron Fey...I  just hope I don't get my hopes up *too* much and end up disappointed...


Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!

What are you currently reading?

 
(Currently listening to...)


What did you recently finish reading?
 
    What do you think you’ll read next? 

     

    What are YOU waiting on this week?

    3 comments:

    Laura (All of Everything) said...

    Yes I'm definitey looking forward to seeing if Julie Kagawa can do for vampires what she's done for fairies! Plus it sounds SO GOOD AH. *wants*

    Becca Ritchie said...

    Great WoW pick! I'm a new Julie Kagawa fan. I adore the Iron Fey, so I'm definitely looking forward to The Immortal Rules. I'm trying not to set my expectations too high, too! I hate being disappointed by books. 

    Molli said...

    I haven't read a Julie Kagawa novel yet but this one sure does look awesome!  Her Iron Fey series seems fascinating too, and is definitely high up there on my TBR!

    My WOW

    Post a Comment

    I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Barnes & Noble
     
    Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison