09 March 2012

Friday Fling! The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Photobucket 

During Friday Fling , I share with you a "just for fun" romance book or novella that I read and really enjoyed.  It will generally be a "mini review" instead of a full review and I'll often stray from my YA focus into the realm of adult romance (which, in case you're curious, is my guilty pleasure).  These are books that I think are fun, quick reads that are definitely worth checking out!



Sometimes a short, fun romance is just what you're looking for! This was a really quick read (a couple of hours maybe) that was perfect for a homework break on a Sunday afternoon. :)

Publisher: Poppy
Release Date: 2 January 2012
Get it! Amazon | B&N
Hadley was late for her flight--just minutes too late to catch her flight to the UK for her father's wedding to a woman she's never met.  Lucky for her, Oliver takes pity on her and keeps her company in the airport and, in a twist of fate, on the airplane.  When the two part at the airport, Hadley can't help but continue to feel drawn to Oliver--the boy she's only known for hours...

I really enjoy books set in short periods of time (a day, a night, etc.) and TSPoLaFS definitely fits the bill there.  We really only spend two days with Hadley (and Oliver) but it's just enough time to grow to love them.  I worried this would come off like another inst-love story, but I found that it was really a lot sweeter than that.  Their budding romance isn't forced or contrived--it's just sweet and new. They each have a bigger event that they have to deal with as well, which rounds the story out some.

If you're a sucker for love at first sight stories, then I definitely suggest checking this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison