06 July 2012

Friday Fling! A Night of Southern Comfort by Robin Covington

Photobucket

During Friday Fling , I share with you a "just for fun" romance book or novella that I read and really enjoyed.  It will generally be a "mini review" instead of a full review and I'll stray from my YA focus into the realm of adult romance (which, in case you're curious, is my not-so-guilty pleasure).  These are books that I think are fun, quick (sexy) reads that are definitely worth checking out!



It should come as no surprise at this point that I love Entangled publishing's Indulgence line...A LOT. I've gotten a little behind on reading them (more because I'm trying to BUY fewer books than because I don't want to read them) but my goal is still to read them all! I think I'm only 4 behind now... :)



Publisher: Indulgence (Entangled Publishing)
Release Date: 15 June 2012
Get it! Amazon | B&N
When Detective Jackson Cantrell and Dr. Michaela Roarke meet, their anonymous one-night stand is a night of intense passion, the likes of which neither has experienced before. When Jackson is blackmailed by Michaela's father to watch over her and find her stalker, he's forced into the life of a woman he never thought he see again. When Michaela's stalker escalates, Jackson moves in with Michaela and the searing passion is something that neither of them can deny their bodies...or their hearts.

Jackson and Michaela's story combines the characters and sizzling passion that I love in a romance novel with the mystery and intrigue of a dangerous stalker. The masterful way that Ms. Covington has woven these elements together makes the combination absolutely spot-on. I adored both of the main characters. Michaela (who Jackson and Jackson alone calls Kayla and I love it) is fiercely independent and absolutely stubborn in her attempts to break away from her controlling politician father. Jackson is clearly a heart-throb with goals for his life--goals complicated by a woman. When the two are together, their connection sizzles. Lust, romance, and suspense. Ms. Covington pulled off the combination and I couldn't put it down! She is definitely an author to watch and I can't wait for more of her stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison