08 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (68)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...


Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
© 23 October 2012 by Little, Brown BFYR
Astrid Jones copes with her small town's gossip and narrow-mindedness by staring at the sky and imagining that she's sending love to the passengers in the airplanes flying high over her backyard. Maybe they'll know what to do with it. Maybe it'll make them happy. Maybe they'll need it. Her mother doesn't want it, her father's always stoned, her perfect sister's too busy trying to fit in, and the people in her small town would never allow her to love the person she really wants to: another girl named Dee. There's no one Astrid feels she can talk to about this deep secret or the profound questions that she's trying to answer. But little does she know just how much sending her love--and asking the right questions--will affect the passengers' lives, and her own, for the better.
My first A.S. King book was Please Ignore Vera Dietz and I adored it. It had a raw simplicity that struck a chord with me. While I haven't had the chance to read A.S. King's more recent novel, this upcoming offering stood out as something that I'll more than likely love as much as I loved Vera.

Add it to your Goodreads shelf!

What are YOU waiting on this week?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Wow this looks like an intriguing read!! I don't know if I'll like it or not but I definitely want to find out! Thanks for sharing!

http://delibrarie.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison