25 January 2013

Friday Fling! The Next Forever by Lisa Burstein

Photobucket


During Friday Fling , I share with you a "just for fun" romance book or novella that I read and really enjoyed.  It will generally be a "mini review" instead of a full review and I'll stray from my YA focus into the realm of adult romance (which, in case you're curious, is my not-so-guilty pleasure).  These are books that I think are fun, quick (sexy) reads that are definitely worth checking out!




Follow-up novellas tend to be hit or miss for me, but I have to say that this little gem was spot on...


Publisher: Ever After (Entangled Publishing)
Release Date: January 2013
Get it! Amazon B&N icon
Amy and Joe have known each other for a long time, but it was only at the end of their high school career that their friendship was rekindled and blossomed into something more. Now together in college, Amy and Joe must navigate the uncertainties and difficulties of college life.  Amy must reconcile her new (actually, old) self with the person that she was while hanging out with Lila and Cassie.  Joe is trying to find his own path while holding on to Amy as his anchor.  Will they be able to forge a path forward together?

Told in alternating POVs, The Next Forever offers up both Amy and Joe's perspective on a single college night that proves a turning point for both of them.  For such a short novella, I felt like Lisa really packed it in with this one.  The reader gets a deeper sense of connection to Amy and gets to spend some time in Joe's head.  This was a quick, fun read--a definite MUST for fans of Pretty Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison